Following the success of the Vivotek FD8136 Mini dome camera there has been a new addition to the mini dome lineup.
Introducing the new Vivotek FD8151V.
So what is the difference between the FD8151V and the FD8136 I hear you ask.
Well firstly the FD8151V features a slightly different design and a vandal proof housing. This makes it great for indoor public spaces where vandalism is a threat.
Next, believe it or not, the FD8151V features integrated IR LED’s!!! These are located under the smooth black cover on top of the camera. These are effective up to 5M. This is a big advantage for indoor environments where there is no natural light as the camera can essentially generate it’s own light instead of rely purely on a low lux rating.
Additional Specifications are as follows:
- 1.3-megapixel CMOS Sensor
- compact Design
- Real-time H.264 and MJPEG compression (Dual Codec)
- 30 fps @ 1280×1024
- Supreme Night Visibility
- Removable IR-cut Filter for Day and Night Function
- Built-in IR Illuminators, Effective up to 5 Meters
- Built-in IEEE 802.3af Compliant PoE
- Built-in MicroSD/SDHC Card Slot for On-board Storage
- Vandal-proof IK10-rated Housing
In short, the FD8151V is great for indoor applications with limited light and a threat of vandalism. The compact design also makes it aesthetically pleasing and suitable for environments such as boutique hotels, homes etc.