Intercom systems are still useful in Primary and Secondary Education institutes to make announcements to the pupils and learners, and Tertiary Institutes such as Universities and Colleges are no different, although they may need a more dynamic solution purely based on the sheer size of the campuses and number of pupils.
Featuring the latest Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 3×3 MIMO technology, the UniFi AC EDU AP conveniently integrates Wi-Fi and public address capabilities, making it ideal for campus-wide deployment. Now you can make recorded or live announcements via the UniFi AC EDU APs located across a campus. You can even allocate different UniFi AC EDU APs to specific groups (classrooms, dorm rooms, library, etc.) based on their location so that you can make specific, targeted announcements to students and personnel that are only in those areas.
How does the Public Address System work?
The UniFi AC Pro AP has a built-in high-quality speaker. In order to make announcements the announcer only has to download the FREE UniFi EDU app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store and use the mobile device to make announcements.
Key features of UniFi’s AC range include:
Save money and time
Unlike traditional enterprise Wi-Fi systems that use a hardware controller, UniFi comes bundled with a non-dedicated software controller that can be deployed on an on-site PC, Mac, or Linux machine; in a private cloud; or using a public cloud service.
The UniFi AC Dual-Radio APs feature the latest in Wi-Fi 802.11ac MIMO technology. The UniFi AC EDU AP supports simultaneous dual-band, 3×3 MIMO technology in the 2.4 and 5 GHz radio bands for up to 1750 Mbps.
Unlimited scalability: Build wireless networks as big or small as needed. Start with one AP and expand to thousands while maintaining a single unified management system.
With the UniFi Controller software running in a NOC or in the cloud, administrators can manage multiple sites: multiple, distributed deployments and multi-tenancy for managed service providers. Below are some deployment examples:
Intuitive UniFi Controller Software
Use the UniFi Controller to provision thousands of UniFi APs, map out networks, quickly manage system traffic, and provision additional UniFi APs.
All UniFi APs include Hotspot functionality:
- Built-in support for billing integration using major credit cards.
- Built-in support for voucher-based authentication.
- Built-in Hotspot Manager for voucher creation, guest management, and payment refund.
- Full customization and branding of Hotspot portal pages.
- Breakthrough RF Map: Use the RF map to monitor and analyse radio frequencies for optimal AP placement, configuration, and troubleshooting.
- Powerful RF Performance Features: Advanced RF performance and configuration features include spectral analysis, airtime fairness, and band steering.
- Detailed Analytics: Use the configurable reporting and analytics to manage large user populations and expedite troubleshooting.
- Wireless Uplink*: Wireless Uplink functionality enables wireless connectivity between APs for extended range. One wired UniFi AP uplink supports up to four wireless downlinks on a single operating band, allowing wireless adoption of devices in their default state and real-time changes to network topology.
- WLAN Groups: The UniFi Controller can manage flexible configurations of large deployments. Create multiple WLAN groups and assign them to an AP’s