Grandstream Networks, connecting the world since 2002 with award-winning SIP unified communications products, announced on 28 June 2016 that the iOS version of their FREE softphone app, Grandstream Wave, has been updated to include 2-way video support. IOS users can now use Grandstream Wave to make 2-way video calls, using the H.264 video codec, to and from any other SIP client that supports H.264. This free softphone app, which makes and receives SIP-based voice calls on smartphones and tablets, is available directly from the Apple App Store. Grandstream Wave is also available for Android devices from the Google Play Store. The Android version of the app also supports 2-way video calling.
Grandstream Wave allows users to make and receive SIP calls over Wi-Fi or 2G/3G/4G networks using any Android or IOS device. The app is compatible with most third party SIP based communications platforms, including Grandstream’s UCM series of IP PBXs. Grandstream Wave supports up to 6 SIP accounts, 6-way voice conferencing and contains a virtual speed-dial/BLF page. It is compatible with the Bluetooth functionality on any Android or IOS devices and can be natively integrated with the contacts, call-history, ringtones, voice-activated features and even customization capabilities such as skins and themes of the smart device it is installed on.
Grandstream Wave also supports advanced SIP telephony features including call transfer, LDAP phonebook integration and more. With Grandstream Wave, business and residential users always have access to their SIP lines and can easily keep in touch with business or personal contacts without using expensive cellular data plans.
Recap of the Grandstream Wave App’s features:
- Supports G.711µ/a,722 (HD-audio), G.726-32, GSM, iLBC, Opus and Speex codecs
- Security features include SIP over TLS and 128/256-bit SRTP
- Up to 6-way audio conference, and 24 virtual BLF keys
- Supports 6 SIP accounts
- Native integration with mobile devices including contact, call history and ringtones
- Enterprise features including IP PBX integration, BLF, call transfer/pickup, call recording with UCM, LDAP
- Automatic call forwarding based on time and location rules
- Full integration with Grandstream’s UCM-series of IP PBXs, including creation of QR code for automatic provisioning
- Voice channel switching between Bluetooth, earphone, speakerphone & 3.5mm headset
- Supports 2-way video calls based on SIP & H.264 video codec