The ‘Introduction to MikroTik RouterOS’ course is an online MikroTik training designed for novices not yet familiar with the MikroTik RouterOS platform. This course starts right from the basics, such as how to login to your MikroTik device, right through to tutorials on how to get the internet up and running, and implement best practices such as backups, queues and time configurations.
If you’re new to the world of MikroTik, or just simply want to cover the basics, then this is the perfect course for you.
Topics covered in this course include:
- MikroTik RouterOS history and overview
- Winbox Explained
- What is a MAC Address
- What is an IP Address
- IP Subnets and how MikroTik interprets them
- Connecting to your Router and assigning an IP
- Finding your way around the GUI – Safe Mode, Board Resources, Log, Reboot/Shutdown etc.
- Connecting to the Internet with DHCP Client
- NAT – Masquerade
- How to upgrade your Router
- User Management
- NTP Time Client setup
- Router Backup
- Simple bandwidth management using Simple Queues