Ubiquiti Networks continues to rattle the wireless broadband market by breaking through the limitations of 802.11 Wi-Fi technologies with the use of revolutionary LTU technology. Designed for use in the 5 GHz frequency band, the new airFiber AF-5XHD is Ubiquiti’s first LTU radio, offering greater channel bandwidths of up to 100 MHz, and more advanced RF components.
The AirFiber 5x HD custom LTU silicon and radio architecture provides revolutionary performance was designed from the ground floor and up for the ISP industry. The core communications processing engine surpasses the restrictions inherent to generic Wi-Fi chips to provide low latency, long‑range capability, DFS flexibility, higher constellations, and better power output, along with improved receive sensitivity
What sets the AirFiber 5x HD apart?
- Custom Wireless Chipset.
- Lowest Channel Bandwidth Vs Performance on 5GHz.
- 1Gbps+ Actual Usable Throughput @ 100MHz CBW.
- 2 Million Packets per Second, ideal for carrying voice packets.
- Adaptive modulation rates of up to 1024QAM (4096QAM with targeted upgrade) are supported
- GPS Synchronisation, the AF-5XHD offers configurable support for 2, 2.5, 4, and 5 ms frames. Timing is compatible with all other synchronous systems.
- Proprietary RF Filtering, eliminating noise or pass through of unwanted signals.
- The unit can be dropped into a body of water up to a meter deep for half an hour (IP67 Rating).
Pair the AF-5XHD with a compatible Ubiquiti’s airFiber X antenna or rocket dish antenna for a complete 5 GHz Point-to-Point solution.