What exactly does the Proximity feature do?
LigoWave access points have an integrated mobile device detection feature (the proximity feature) that can detect any device within range. The device can then be logged with MAC address and date / time without any user interaction needed! This means that you can quickly and easily gather market research based on the devices that connect to your Wi-Fi without inconveniencing your users with a lengthy survey questionnaire.
The data can be exported in real time and used to enhance the services of enterprise or managed service providers by allowing them to import the data it into their own applications. And, an API is available upon request as well to help simplify the process.
Let’s take a look at what else you can expect from one LigoWave’s latest APs: the NFT 1N af AP
The Infinity Controller is a new software platform that helps you to deploy, monitor and manage your Infinity series of Wi-Fi access points. It is available for two platforms: Linux or VM VirtualBox (Supporting Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems). The software image is free and available for download. The Infinity controller supports unlimited devices (taking into account sufficient hardware resources are available) and is ideal for large-scale, widely dispersed networks.
- Scalable secure architecture: Infinity controller allows easy scaling of networks by supporting an unlimited number of devices. It’s always recommended to upgrade your hardware resources together with the expansion. An encrypted communication channel ensures secure sharing of data between the devices and server.
- Fast rollout: Auto-provisioning support simplifies the configuration and additional devices can be installed or replaced even by inexperienced personnel.
- Simple monitoring: Multiple parameters can be supervised including connected client information, throughput per device and CPU load which allows easy monitoring and maintenance.
- Everything centralized: Network profiles allow management of devices even in different locations using the same system. Configuration settings are automatically applied to all newly installed devices, but individual parameters can be adjusted if needed. Mass firmware upgrade can be performed from a single location. Auto-channel mechanism allows selecting the best channels for operation across the whole network with more RF parameter adjustment features to be added in future releases.
The Infinity Controller is available in three different variations:
- Standalone: The Infinity series access points are configured individually via the web interface. This traditional scenario is suitable for small networks that do not require centralized management and maintenance. Infinity OS is a highly functional and easy-to-use operating system. This powerful and flexible operating system ensures flawless operation of LigoWave hardware devices and effortless setup for those deploying the networks.
Integrated controller: Each Infinity series access point supports controller-less architecture, which is ideal for small to medium size deployments (up to 50 access points). This functionality is available with firmware NFT v7.54. An Integrated setup wizard allows quick and easy setup. Master access point works as a controller and shares the configuration with managed access points at the same time collecting statistical information. This unique architecture allows secure, scalable, cost-effective and simple deployments in any industry.
External controller: Infinity controller is a software platform to configure and manage Wi-Fi networks based on LigoWave devices. It is available for two platforms Linux or VM VirtualBox (Supporting Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems). A Cloud-based version is coming soon. A software image is free and available in the downloads section. The controller supports an unlimited amount of devices (taking into account sufficient hardware resources are available) and is ideal for large networks that can be remotely located across the country and even different continents.
WNMS is a FREE enterprise grade Wireless Network Management System. A single software solution simplifies a large number of management and monitoring tasks for the network administrator. Read More
You can now plan your link layout with LinkCalc
LigoWave‘s link calculator is a link planning tool available online at. Read More