See below the step by step setup process to get you going with the new VCAM App from QNAP
What is VCAM ?
The Vcam mobile app can turn your mobile device into a network camera. With the Vcam mobile app, you can record any moment around you to your Turbo NAS. The Vcam solution provides a great way to deploy a home surveillance system without purchasing expensive IP cameras.
How to install and setup
Please make sure Vcam is installed on your mobile device. You can install the QNAP mobile app “Vcam” from Google Play or the Apple App Store.
Please click “Setup Wizard” to enter the Vcam quick setup wizard.
Please enter the “Port number”, “User Name” and “Password”. Then click “Next” to go to the next page. The port number must be within range of “1025 ~ 65535”.
You can configure the Connectivity and Video Streaming here. You can choose “WiFi only” or “3G and WiFi”. We recommend that you choose “WiFi only” here. Vcam will use only mobile devices that have WiFi connectivity.
After you finish configuration, please click “Start” to Vcam.
Press the Blue Button to enable recording. If the button turns red then it is ready to record.
Go to “Surveillance Settings” > “Camera Settings” > “Camera Configuration” > “Add” or click the “ + ” to add the Vcam camera.
Uncheck the option “Search camera(s) automatically” and click “Next”.
Enter the camera configurations as followed, then click test to check the connection between the camera and Surveillance Station.
- Camera brand : QNAP
- Camera model : QNAP VCAM
- Camera Name : You can set the camera as you want.
- IP Address : Please set the IP Address of your mobile device. You can check the IP Address in the upper-right corner (check the picture below). If your mobile device does not get a IP Address, please check your network environment again.
- Port : Please configure the Port number you set for Vcam.
- User Name : Please configure the user name you set for Vcam.
- Password : Please configure the password you set for Vcam.
If connection test passes, you can click “Next” to configure the Video Settings. Please configure the Video Compression settings here and click “Next” to configure the recording schedule.
On this page, you will see the “Schedule Settings.” On the table, 0~23 represents the time period. For example, 0 means 00:00~01:00, 1 means 01:00~02:00. You can set a continuous recording in any period that you want.
Then you will be able to confirm the settings on the next page.
After you have added the network cameras to the Surveillance Station, you can check the monitoring screen. You can observe that the NVR IP Address is shown on the upper-left side. If NAS IP address is not shown, this means that the connection was not successfully established.
Go to the “Monitor” page. Then you can start monitoring & playback the recordings Surveillance Station.
You can click the button shown in the below picture to adjust the camera function that your mobile device provides. Please note that some functions may not be supported by your mobile device.
- Vcam is only supported by Surveillance Station 5.0 or newer versions.
- It is possible that power will be consumed faster than charging when the video stream is set to compression H.264 and resolution 1280*720.
- Due to hardware & network limitations, the real “Frame rate” and “Bit rate” may not reach the number you set on your mobile device.
- For performance concerns, we highly recommend that you use Vcam with a WiFi connection.
- Video Compression H.264 is currently not supported in the iOS version.
- Video Compression H.264 may not work on some mobile devices due to hardware limitations
The following are the mobile devices that have passed our lab testing: