Today, enterprises and service providers are increasingly looking at 60 GHz V-Band wireless solutions. They are discovering that for many applications, V-Band wireless connectivity provides attractive benefits based on factors such as license-free operation, high immunity to interference, and easy and cost-effective deployment.
Radios operating in the license-free 60 GHz band have unique characteristics that make them significantly different than radios operating in the traditional 2.4 and 5 GHz license-free bands. These qualities give 60 GHz millimeter wave band radios operational advantages not found in other wireless systems.
However, there are a few things to take into consideration when deploying equipment on 60GHz:
- License Exempt operation(ISM)
- Frequency re-use (Narrow Beam width)
- Interference mitigation
- Oxygen absorption (Interference is basically non-existent)
- High capacity throughput
- Small form factor
- Low Latency
- Data Centre to Point-of-Presence (PoP) for Service Providers
- High-capacity Building-to-Building connections
- High-capacity video transfer
- Campus backhaul deployment
- Temporary service while waiting for fibre deployment
- As narrow as 2.5°
- Beam easily directed even through crowded environments
- Lower chances of reflection
- Easier and more efficient channel frequency re-use
The most important factors to take into consideration before deploying or installing:
- LOS (Line of sight)
- Expected Throughput
The following is highly recommended/compulsory when deploying equipment on 60GHz:
- Alignment scopes/tools
- Precision/micro adjustable brackets to assist with the alignment
** When mounting the radio on a pole or mast. It must be very steady and the pole/mast must be steadfast in the ground- Tie downs can be used to improve the stability. With the narrow beam, the link can be disrupted due to elements or poor deployment.
The Siklu 60GHz PTP link delivers wireless Gigabit interference-free, Ethernet connectivity. Operating over the 60GHz unlicensed band, the point-to-point link can be swiftly deployed to backhaul capacity-hungry video surveillance cameras, Wi-Fi hotspots, Gigabit-To-The-Home(GTTH) and business broadband services.
The one-box solution is swiftly and seamlessly integrated with street fixtures – greatly alleviating lengthy permit procedures. Siklu’s 60GHz radio comes with out-of-the-box support of 11 non-overlapping, user-selectable channels yield the industry’s highest spectrum re-use factor.
The palm-sized radio also incorporates an integrated antenna and GbE switch, with PoE-In and dual PoE-Out, eliminating the need for external devices used for cascading and servicing network supplementary devices such as cameras.