The Edgecore AS7712-32X switch is a Top-of-Rack (TOR) or spine switch for high-performance data centers. In a compact 1RU form factor, the switch provides 3.2Tbps switching capacity, the 32 x QSFP28 ports, supporting up to 100 GbE, or 128 x 10/25 GbE connections. The AS7712-32X can be deployed as a TOR switch supporting 10/25/50 GbE to servers with 40/50/100 GbE uplinks, or as a spine switch supporting 40/50/100 GbE spine interconnects.
This open network switch is loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) which supports the installation of compatible Network Operating System software, including the open source options Open Network Linux and OpenSwitch, plus commercial NOS offerings.
- Cost-effective, bare-metal switch infrastructure for data center fabric.
- Deploy as Top-of-Rack switch supporting 10 or 25 GbE to servers, with 40 or 50 or 100 GbE uplinks.
- Deploy as spine switch supporting 40, 50, or 100 GbE ToR and spine interconnects.
- 32 x QSFP28 switch ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE or 1 x 40 GBE, or via breakout cables, 2 x 50 GbE or 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE.
- Layer 2 or Layer 3 forwarding of 3.2 Tbps (full duplex).
- Supports hot/cold aisle with port-to-power and power-to-port airflow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs and fans accessible from rear.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant AC or -48V DC or 12V DC PSUs.
- Energy Efficiency: 310W typical power consumption without pluggable optics.
- Bare-Metal hardware switch pre-loaded with diagnostics software and with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commercial NOS offerings.
Edgecore designed their 100Gig switch based on the Wedge 100 that they manufacture for Facebook. Click HERE to find out how Facebook made use of 100Gig switching.